Use olive oil when making your waffles… it reduces the saturated fat in the breakfast treat… making room for delicious caramelized bananas!
Waffles with Caramelized Bananas
- 2 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 ea. Banana ripe, smashed
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 ea. Egg
- 1/4 cup MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil or
- 1/4 cup MTOO Butter Olive Oil
- 2 ea. Banana ripe, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the bananas, milk, vanilla eggs and olive oil together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined, don’t over stir, little chunks are okay.
- Scoop out the recommended amount of batter into the greased waffle maker and allow them to cook according to the waffle maker’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, to caramelize the bananas, preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter, honey, salt and cinnamon and give it a little stir. Add in your banana slices and cook for about 3 minutes on either side, or until caramelized. Be careful to not over cook your bananas because they will burn quickly.
Optional: Add strawberries, blueberries, pecans for toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!