Stuffing is the best part of the Thanksgiving meal, some would argue. Why not make your own flavorful croutons for stuffing without adding a bunch of stuff you don’t need (preservatives, I am looking at you!)
This super easy recipe will have you making your own stuffing all the time and not relying on the boxed stuff.
Wild Mushroom & Sage Croutons
- 1 loaf french bread preferably day-old
- 1/2 cup MTOO Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut fresh or day old french bread in to 1" cubes. Don't bother removing the crust, it adds texture.
- In a large bowl, toss four cups of bread cubes with 1/2 cup of Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- When the bread is evenly coated, place the cubes on a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring a couple times to ensure even browning.