BROWN BUTTER TRUFFLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or other shaped pasta noodles
- 2 teaspoons MTOO White Truffle Oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon MTOO Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup shredded raclette cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon AGLIO OLIO SPICE BLEND
- 1 teaspoon SRIRACHA HOT CHILE
- salt to taste
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until not quite al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with truffle oil and mix to coat pasta.
- Return the saucepan to medium heat and melt the butter. Occasionally swirl the pan to ensure that the milk solids are evenly being browned 2-3 minutes. Once the butter is nutty and browned, sprinkle over the flour and mustard powder and cook for about 2 minutes until a roux forms and no lumps remain.
- Slowly whisk in milk, half-and-half, cinnamon PEAR balsamic and a large pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add a pinch of pepper and 1 cup each of the cheddar and raclette. Stir until smooth. Return the pasta to the pan and stir in with the cheese sauce until evenly coated.
- In a small, separate bowl, combine the remaining shredded cheeses, bread crumbs, aglio olio blend, sriracha chile and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the pasta and cheese mixture to the baking dish and sprinkle with the bread crumb and cheese topping.
- Bake until the top is lightly browned and the sauce is bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!