An easy and delicious appetizer for any festive gathering.
- 1 really good quality baguette sliced on the diagonal into 24 - ¼” slices
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 24 slices Camembert or Brie cheese ¼-inch; about 6 ounces
- 2 slices medium firm ripe pears cut into 24 thintotal
- ½ cup Raspberry Amaretto Jam
- 1½ cups watercress or arugula
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons Honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil onto baguette, and season with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes until just barely toasted, flip and toast for another 3 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove baguette toasts from the oven, and top each with a 1/4-inch-thick slice of cheese. Bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is soft but not melted. Remove from oven, and place a small dollop of jam and a slice of fresh pear onto each crostino. Whisk balsamic and honey. Toss greens with balsamic mixture and salt and pepper and top each crostino with a small bit of the salad. Finish with a small sprinkle of toasted hazelnut.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!