CHOCOLATE ORANGE PALEO “CHEESECAKE”
INGREDIENTS - Crust
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 4 in medjool dates soakedhot water for 5-10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon BLOOD ORANGE OLIVE OIL
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
INGREDIENTS - Filling
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon TANGERENE VINEGAR
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut cream softened
- 1 cup cashew nuts soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon HONEY GINGER BALSAMIC
DIRECTIONS - Crust
- In to a food processor, blend the crust the ingredients until well combined. Firmly press down about ¾ of the mixture in to a greased cheesecake pan or into a lined mini muffin tin. Reserve the remaining mixture. Place crust in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
DIRECTIONS - Filling
- Blend the cashews and ½ cup of the soaking water in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Manually grate the orange zest and set aside. In to your food processor or blender combine the cashew cream, coconut oil, coconut cream, orange juice, vinegars, and raw honey and blend until smooth for 2-3 minutes. Add the orange zest and pulse until fully combined. Remove the crust from the freezer and pour half the filling over it.
- Sprinkle the reserved crust mixture over the filing. Pour the rest of the filling on top carefully and spread evenly. Place in the fridge for one hour. Remove the cake, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Take out 10 minutes before serving and top with some cacao nibs, pistachios, and orange zest if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!