Harvest Root Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups root vegetables peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (combo of sweet potato, celery root, turnip, parsnip, rutabaga, etc..)
- 2 tablespoons AGED MAPLE VINEGAR
- ¼ cup MTOO Butter Olive Oil
- ½ small shallot minced
- 4 tablespoons LEMON OLIVE OIL
- 2 tablespoons GRAVENSTEIN APPLE VINEGAR
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cups Baby Arugula
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment. Toss the root vegetables with the maple vinegar and butter olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender and slightly golden. Flip vegetables half way through to ensure even cooking.
- Make vinaigrette, by mixing shallot, Dijon, apple vinegar, lemon olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa to a small roasting pan or baking dish and place in oven for 7-10 minutes to toast. Remove from oven and add vegetable stock. Cover tightly with foil and return to oven for 30-35 minutes or until all of the stock has been absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa, roasted root vegetables, cranberries, pomegranate arils, and hazelnuts to a large bowl and stir with a little of the dressing to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the arugula with a little more dressing and divide among four plates or arrange in a salad bowl or platter. Top with quinoa-vegetable mixture and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!