Homemade Pasta Dough
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs & 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons TUSCAN HERB OLIVE OIL BASIL OLIVE OIL or MUSHROOM SAGE OLIVE OIL
- 1 big pinch of salt
- Mound flour on your work surface and make a well in the center. Break the eggs into the well. Add the oil and a salt to the well. Add a little water (amount will depend on the environment but you want to end up with a dough that is not too tacky. Start with a few tablespoons)
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs in the center, gradually mixing in the flour until you can break the well without making a mess. Using your hands, bring the dough together, you may not use all of the flour on the board. Once the dough comes together you want to start kneading.
- Knead the pasta, stretching and pressing but not tearing it until it’s super smooth, 8-10 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. If you are not going to use it right away, put it in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for 1-2 days max. (If you don’t use it within 2 days it will start to gray).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!