CINNAMON ORANGE WAFFLES WITH VANILLA ESPRESSO SYRUP
INGREDIENTS - Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon PUMPKIN PIE SPICE BLEND
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons BLOOD ORANGE OLIVE OIL
- 2 tablespoons CINNAMON PEAR BALSAMIC
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA VINEGAR
INGREDIENTS - Syrup
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 in vanilla bean split in half
- 2 teaspoons ESPRESSO VINEGAR
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients, through the orange peel. Gently warm the milk and add the butter to melt. Add the orange olive oil and the vinegars.
- In a small bowl, whisk the warm milk mixture with the egg yolks, then pour into the dry ingredients
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks (2-3 minutes). Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter making sure you don’t overmix so the egg whites fall.
- Pour batter into your waffle iron and bake according to their directions. Keep them on a warm platter or in a 200 degree oven to keep them warm.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the syrup. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together water, sugar, and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in espresso vinegar. Once simple syrup has cooled, remove the vanilla bean and pour the syrup into a glass jar or bottle. Store in refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!