Chef Deanna has made this dish a couple of different times and each time, I think it is the best chicken I’ve ever had. Try it and let us know what you think!
Fennel & Rosemary Sauteed Chicken with Lemon
- 1 tablespoon MTOO Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 4 each chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Napa Valley Rub
- 1 tablespoon MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 shallots peeled & minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled & minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 each small fennel bulbs thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon, orange or tangerine zest
- 2 teaspoons MTOO Rotisserie Chicken Blend
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley chopped
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of the Tuscan olive oil. Season chicken thighs with the spice rub. When the oil is shimmering add the chicken to the pan skin side down first and then turning to brown on all sides. 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and reserve.
- Add the blood orange oil to the skillet. When the oil is shimmering, add the shallots and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the fennel slices and cook, stirring frequently, until the fennel has softened and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and scrape any of the bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet skin side up and add the chicken stock. Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through 25-30 minutes. Check to make sure pan doesn’t get dry, if it starts to add a little additional chicken stock.
- Sprinkle with the lemon zest, spice blend and the parsley, drizzle with a touch more Tuscan herb oil, taste for seasoning and serve. If serving on a platter family style, garnish the platter with a fresh rosemary spring and a tangerine or orange slice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!