Chef Deanna created this dish for Easy Weeknight Meals… its healthy, delicious, but most of all… EASY!
Nicoise Style Steak & Arugula Salad
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 1 each shallot minced
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup MTOO Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp MTOO Lemon Herbs
For the Salad
- 1 lb flank steak or skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon Aglio Olio Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons MTOO California Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 eggs
- 8 red potatoes about 2" each
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Sicilian Lemon balsamic
- 2 bunches arugula
- 2 tomatoes vine ripened
- 1 each small red onion
- 1/2 pound haricot verts green beans
- 1/4 pound nicoise olives halved
- 5-6 each anchovy filets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Cover the steak rub the steak with the garlic oil, spice rub, and a little salt. Set aside to marinate briefly.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette in a mini blender or with a hand blender by combining everything except the oil. Blend until smooth, gently stream in the oil to form and emulsion.
- Prep your salad ingredients. Place eggs in small saucepan, cover by 1 inch with cold water, and bring to boil over high heat. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand 13-15 minutes. Meanwhile, fill medium bowl with salted ice water. When eggs are done, drain them, shock them in the ice bath, peel, cut into quarters and set aside (keep the ice bath for the haricot vert).
- Cover potatoes in a large pot by a few inches with cold salted water and heat over high heat. Cook until potatoes are tender when poked with paring knife, 5 to 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, gently transfer potatoes to medium bowl (do not discard boiling water). Toss warm potatoes with lemon vinegar and lemon herb seasoning to taste, set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat up a grill or grill pan to very high heat. Cook the steak until done to your desired temperature 5-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Take off the heat, cover and let rest.
- Return water to boil and add the haricot verts. Blanch quickly until bright green and slightly tender. Drain and shock in reserved ice bath. Remove, toss with a little of the vinaigrette and reserve.
- Toss the arugula with a little of the vinaigrette until it is very lightly but evenly coated and arrange on a flat serving platter. Slice the steak across the grain and arrange on the center of the arugula. Toss tomatoes and red onion in a little of the vinaigrette and arrange in separate mounds on the platter around the steak. Arrange reserved potatoes, eggs, and haricot vert on separate mounds around the steak.
- Finally sprinkle the anchovies and capers around the top of the salad. Season with a little more salt and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!