From the Spring Feast class… so fresh and yummy! This is a great appetizer to make for spring and summer brunch parties, Easter get togethers and garden parties.
Smashed Pea & Mint Bruschetta with Chevre Ricotta
- 1 each baguette
- 1 tablespoon MTOO California Garlic Olive Oil
- 3/4 pound fresh English peas, if available (or 1-10 ounce package frozen peas thawed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Basil Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon MTOO Key West Spice Blend
- 4 oz chevre
- 4 oz ricotta fresh if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon MTOO Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh pea sprouts for garnish
- Slice baguette on the diagonal. Place the rounds on a baking sheet and brush with garlic oil. Bake about 7-8 minutes, flip and bake about 5 minutes more until very lightly toasted.
- In a food processor mix the peas until roughly chopped. Stir in the mint, oil, and seasoning blend. Mix the ricotta and chevre with the lemon balsamic until well blended.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on each toast round the top with pea mixture. Garnish the bruschetta with fresh mint leaves and fresh pea sprouts and a little pinch of seasoning blend.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!